Today it's all about travelling here on Bad Taste Toast.
RelayRides asked me what my must-have travel essentials are - perfect timing! I have just moved to Australia, I'm a travel essentials pro now.
No matter if I travel by car, train or plane, I will always make sure I carry the following things with me to stay happy and fresh.
1. LIP BALM! - Oh my God, for some reason I didn't have lip balm on my 21 hour flight to Australia. My poor lips were so dry and really hurt from the permanent aircon breeze. It took me almost a week to rehydrate them again. Never again will I travel without lip balm!
2. Toothbrush - that actually should go without saying. I believe everybody needs a fresh mouth to feel good.
3. Neck pillow - for the little naps.
4. Sleeping mask - to make the little naps even more relaxing.
5. Hand cream - to keep the skin moistured, can be used for any other body part too.
6. Headphones - very important to tune out the noise if necessary (screaming kids, snoring seat neighbours etc., you know what I mean...)
7. Notepad and pen - this is a "me thing", I simply have to be able to scribble and write down sudden brainwaves, bucket lists and such.
8. A book - for example my favourite book "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt. I could read it a million times and still love it!
9. Water - simple and very important. Drink it or splash it on your cheeks and temples for instant refreshment.
10. HTC One XL - my beloved smartphone that I need to kill time, listen music, blog etc.
11. Compact powder - to avoid a shiny nose after some hours of travelling.
12. Chewing gum - for a fresh breath and against this nasty pressure inside of your ears when travelling by plane.
Okay, so far so good, but you might ask yourself: "Why do they ask her about travel essentials?"
Well, let me help you with this one:
RelayRides is a peer-to-peer sharing car rental service with a growing airport rentals initiative to help people both make and save money while traveling.
I have seen this concept of peer-to-peer sharing services grow over the past years and love how it opens new doors for travellers.
I already knew the concept from accommodation portals and love it! So I was delighted to see RelayRides offers the same for cars too. It's awesome and so practical for travellers that they established airport rentals all over the USA too now! If you need to rent a car you can just use the app, choose from a wide range of different vehicles and pay less than with the commercial car rental companies.
Also if you own a car and would like to earn some extra pocket money you can offer it via RelayRides for others to rent. It basically is a perfect win-win situation!
What do you think, do you like the idea? Would you use the RelayRides services? What are your travel essentials?